math jokes 4 mathy folks
live. laugh. learn.
"Math Jokes 4 Mathy Folks is a delightful read. […] I highly recommend this book as a diversion from the rigor of
mathematics. It allows us to have a good laugh (or a long groan) at a joke that only ďmath nerdsĒ would get, and it points out that
humor can be found in all mathematical applications, even a telescoping series."
– Leah Evans, High School Teacher, Loveland, OH
(review in the Mathematics Teacher)
"There were some interesting books [at the NCTM bookstore], but the one I just had to buy was Math Jokes 4 Mathy Folks by G. Patrick
Vennebush. How could I resist? It shows what a math geek I am that I was laughing out loud while reading some of the jokes. This will be a great
resource for any of the math presentations and classes I give."
– Susan Midlarsky, Consultant/Tutor/Trainer, Verplanck, NY
"Math Jokes 4 Mathy Folks is a must-read for every mathematics teacher.
Iím personally delighted with this collection, because I run out of one-liners about two-thirds of the way
through every semester."
– Harold Reiter, Professor, Charlotte, NC
"Patrick Vennebush has put together the most comprehensive set of mathematical jokes I have ever seen.
Some of them are extremely funny, some Iíve heard before, and some I just donít get.
But if you like math and you like jokes — or if you need a joke to liven up an otherwise dull and boring lecture —
then you need to buy this book."
– Guy Brandenburg, Middle School Teacher, Washington, DC
"This book contains a lot of jokes I hadnít heard before, and Iím a very funny person.
Of course, thatís not necessarily a contradiction."
– Martin Funk, High School Teacher, Winnetka, IL
"Iíve known Patrick Vennebush for many years, and I never thought of him as funny.
After reading this book, youíll see what I mean. I havenít laughed so hard since I discovered
that imaginary numbers are just numbers with a not‑so‑real complex. Enjoy!"
– Edward Burger, Professor, Williamstown, MA
"This is a book that every math teacher from elementary school through college should
have in their classroom library. Who said math canít be funny?"
– Victoria Miles, Middle School Teacher, Weymouth, MA
"Thank you for writing this fun book!"
– Jim Olsen, Professor, Western Illinois University
This definitive collection of math jokes doesn't just tickle the funny bone. It also answers such burning questions as:
- How many topologists does it take to change a light bulb?
- What is the specialty of a statistician turned gynecologist?
- Why is 6 afraid of 7?
- What phone number should you call if you're having math troubles?
Check out some of the jokes in the Jokes section! But to get the entire collection — buy your copy now!